Thursday, July 14, 2016

The Life of a Cheetah

Life of a Cheetah

I yawned and stretched as the sun came up. My cubs were still sleeping so I slipped away from the trees we were sleeping under and headed towards the grasslands. I bounded forth, sweeping the area to find prey. I looked around and headed to the moon; opposite of the sun. Before I had barely gone two miles I heard water running and headed towards what I thought to be a stream but ended up being a small waterfall. I headed upstream and drank from the river until I noticed something moving in my peripheral vision.I turned, quick as lightning and sprang to the sound. It was a gazelle that had wanted to drink water but saw me and turned around. I chased after it between a couple trees and into the grasslands. I halted my chase and used the long, yellow grass to hide myself as I crept forth. The gazelle stopped running as it could not see me anymore. It headed the other way, towards the stream I usually drink from with my cubs. I started for the same place and planned to intercept it. I stealthily tiptoed to the gazelle not making any sound. As I got closer, it finally noticed me and started running again but it was too late. I got to my fastest speed in three seconds and jumped on to it (Cheetahs can get to 60 miles per hour in 3 seconds). I went for its throat and it was dead. I scanned the surroundings for lions or other predators that would attempt to steal my kill. I could not see any… yet. I dragged the kill to a safe place behind a tree and speedily ran to my cubs. I nudged them awake and lead them to the kill. I was tired from running and I panted heavily for the next couple minutes while my cubs dug in. After I caught my breath and we had all ate, we walked towards the stream and drank some water. My cubs still needed sleep so we then headed to a tree as we left the yellow grasslands to go back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment