Thursday, December 22, 2016

The Struggles of the First Morning

I yawned and stretched still half asleep as sunlight streamed in through the window. Strange. It was unusually peaceful. Then I realized. My alarm had not gone off and it was supposed to be the..…”OH CRAP!” I yelled aloud. I rolled over quickly only to hit my head on the mahogany table next to my bed then proceed to fall off landing face first onto the ground. ‘OWWW’ I thought. That woke me up quickly, or the pain did, so to speak. My eyes watered up but I knew that I didn’t have time to cry, because I was already about to be late for the first day of high school! I rolled over onto my feet and right into action. I made my bed hastily as I threw the purple blanket over the milky white pillows. I walked across my simple room to my closet. My room was nothing to boast about. It consisted of a twin sized bed with a purple blanket and a striped bedsheet. There was a desk with my computer on it and also had some framed pictures of my friends. Then there was the closet next to my desk (in the middle) opposite to my bed. In the other corner, closest to my door, was my bookshelf that housed all of my favorite books and the ones I was interested in reading. The walls were plain white but were covered with posters. The room gave off a nice feel. Like it was messy but it was home. I looked around for my school uniform and almost emptied my closet by the time I remembered that I put them in the bathroom before hand to save time. I slammed my room door open as I sprinted to the bathroom and tore off my clothes. I put on all my clothes not realizing that my tie was still in my hand. I grabbed my bag and leaped out the door not bothering to lock it. I mean, I didn’t want to miss the start of the opening ceremony!

No comments:

Post a Comment